Artikel "The Clash of Civilizations" online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Artikel "The Clash of Civilizations" online

Het oorspronkelijke artikel "The Clash of Civilizations" van Samuel Huntington geschreven 20 jaar geleden is online :
    Samuel Huntington argues that after the Cold War, conflicts over cultural and religious identity will dominate global politics.

(Update: 27 februari 2022) Deze alinea komt uit de roman Sneeuw van de Turkse auteur Orhan Pamuk en wordt geciteerd in dit artikel over de rol van cultuur in de ontwikkeling van volkeren. Kennis van cultuur is onmisbaar om het gapende gat te begrijpen dat is ontstaan tussen beschavingen, een steeds groter wordend gat.

"We're poor and insignificant," said Fazul, with a strange fury in his voice. "Our wretched lives have no place in human history. One day all of us living now in Kars will be dead and gone. No one will remember us; no one will care what happened to us. We'll spend the rest of our days arguing about what sort of scarf women should wrap around their heads, and no one will care in the slightest because we're eaten up by our own petty, idiotic quarrels. When I see so many people around me leading such stupid lives and then vanishing without a trace, an anger runs through me…"

Comment

Working...
    X